Welcome to Art Guard’s bi-weekly roundup of art theft in the U.S. as reported on the Museum Security Network.
There were several thefts from religious institutions reported. It’s most likely that churches are suffering frequent thefts, as they do everywhere in the world, and we never hear about it.
- Stolen gold rings and cross devastating to St. Leo Abbey, community
- Quran stolen in mosque break-in
- Holy Family print stolen from Catholic Center, suspect arrested, Madison police say
Many thefts result in failed security systems, which should reinforce a strategy for some sort of layered protection
- WPD: $40,000 worth of paintings stolen from south Wichita storage unit
- Windsor art heist: $20,000 taken in early morning break-in
- $8k in artwork stolen from North Valley home
- $6,000 worth of paintings stolen from Saugerties art studio
- $30,000 worth of artwork stolen
And once again, how long do we wait until stolen art is returned or uncovered, if ever?
- As Stolen Van Goghs Return to View, a Thief Tells All
- Police Recover 67 Works Stolen in $2.6 Million Vienna Art Heist
- 16 Years Later, Stash of Stolen Paintings Found Near Crime Scene
Have a great 1st weekend of Spring.
The Standard in Asset Protection Technology