The Most Comprehensive Security for Art and Valuable Assets
Art Guard MAP (Magnetic Asset Protection) is the leading object-specific security solution for stationary assets, including art, antiques, tapestry, historic artifacts, memorabilia, jewelry, collectibles, wine and firearms. This comprehensive, wireless, theft prevention sensor is unique in its ability to protect both hanging and seated pieces, from the largest of paintings and sculpture to the very smallest of objects. This clearly distinguishes MAP from any other security solution.
The patented MAP technology detects the movement of a tiny rare-earth magnet, which can be safely and discreetly attached to the surface of almost any object. The MAP sensor is placed nearby—either behind a hanging piece or beneath the supporting surface of a seated work. Both the sensor and magnet are completely hidden from view. Once MAP is enrolled in a control panel, any movement of either the asset/magnet or the sensor triggers an immediate location-specific alert to the panel, which activates an alarm or other customizable response. After the sensor recognizes a magnet and is armed, introducing another magnet in an attempt to fool it will trigger an alert. MAP protects collections by simply and effectively alarming each individual piece.
Best practices in art security call for a dedicated, always-on system for protecting art and valuable assets. When perimeter/intrusion security is turned off to allow normal daily activity in a home, museum or other facility, objects are particularly vulnerable. This is when most thefts occur. Built to be compatible with DSC/Tyco security components MAP can also be translated to communicate with other leading manufacturers’ systems. Whether MAP is on a separate system or integrated into the existing security it provides unparalleled protection every hour of the day. MAP is used by some of the world’s leading museums and private collectors.
MAP’s effectiveness, flexibility, ease-of-use and affordability make it the preferred security solution for any facility that displays or has art and valuable objects. MAP provides the ultimate peace of mind.
“Art Guard’s MAP has given both security and the conservators a real sense of comfort that no other security product has been able to” said the Chief of Security of a major NYC museum. “Small and discreet, MAP sensors placed behind a painting or under an object can detect any unauthorized movement and deliver an immediate response. Providing this type of object-based security is the future for museums and private collectors looking for a heightened level of protection.”
Due to the sensitive nature of security, we do not disclose clients’ names. Please contact us.
- Uses industry standard DSC components
- Operating in some of the country’s most prestigious museums, galleries and homes of high end private collectors
- Preferred solution for major security system integrators
- Sensors and magnets completely hidden from view
- Sensors are location specific with individual digital ID
- MAP transmits 400 ft. and more with repeaters
- Programmed to minimize false alarms
- Protects any size stationary object in any size facility, indoors or out
- Wide variety of magnets allow for use on objects of varying shapes and configurations
Safe for Art
- Used by conservators for the most delicate objects
- Magnets can be applied with pH neutral museum wax or even completely inert wheat or rice paste
- Sensor never touches the object eliminating danger of battery leakage
- MAP can be integrated into a wide variety of control panels and systems, either as a stand-alone, dedicated solution or partitioned into the existing security
- Operates in both RF and Wi-Fi modes
- Scalable from one sensor to unlimited
- System can be portable to move from room to room in a museum or travel with a show or works on loan
- Completely customized alerts from physical response to mobile text
- Can be shipped as DIY with pre-enrolled sensors in standard control panel or the MAP System
Easy to Use
- Easy enrollment in appropriate system by installers and integrators
- Easy application of sensors and magnets by qualified art handler for highly valuable assets or by the client
- Complete support through videos and customer service support
- Low investment and life cycle costs
- More affordable than any other object-specific security solution
Sensor size: 2” x 2” x 1⁄2” Power: 2 x CR2450 lithium coin cell batteries with 4-5 year life span RF frequency: 433 MHz Check-in: Industry standard 60 minutes Compatibility: Transmits directly to all DSC panels. Transmits with Resolution Products universal wireless translator to Honeywell, Ademco, GE, 2GIG and Qolsys control panels and Tyco C-Cure 9000 and Kantech access control systems.