The Only Hanging System and Alarm in One
Art Guard Safe Hook is an independent, battery powered alarm sensor that protects hanging art and objects from theft during operating hours and in supervised situations.
Safe Hook is effective against grab-and-run theft and often serves as a primary security system for galleries. It is also ideal for larger institutions – adding an additional layer of protection for loaned works and traveling exhibitions. Its simplicity, effectiveness and affordability make Safe Hook a preferred choice by security directors and collectors who consider it an essential tool in their security protocol.
Installing Safe Hook is as simple as hanging a work of art with traditional hooks, and it works with most hanging systems. Once installed, if the painting is lifted, releasing a pressure pin on the sensor, Safe Hook emits an instantaneous 120-decibel alarm that can be heard anywhere in a small building. False alarms are almost non-existent
As either a primary security system or secondary protection for permanent collections or works on loan SAFE HOOK closes the door on theft.
“Every museum and gallery should have a case of Art Guard Safe Hooks.” – Jackie Littlejohn, NYC Gallery owner.
- Effective object-specific audible protection
- Used by major museums and galleries throughout the world to protect masterpieces
- Battery operated protection during power outages
- Multi-year battery life with 2 standard AAA batteries
- Audible low battery alert
- Made of durable plastic with metal backing, supporting up to 75 lbs.
- Art fairs
- Corporate collections
- Historical houses
- Easy to install and de-install
- An all-in-one device, no outside monitoring needed
- Measures 2 ½” x 3 ¾”, weighs 3.5 oz.
- A must-have for traveling exhibitions and art fairs
- Can be used with any method of hanging and hardware – traditional hanging wire, D-rings, gallery rails, false hanging wire
- Easy to remove and re-install for frequently changing shows
Easy to Use
- Like an electronic hook
- Hang Safe Hook, hang the artwork, pull the key pin strap and the artwork is alarmed
- Alarm is only triggered by lifting the artwork
- Straightening the frame or cleaning will not set off the alarm
- No other means of object-specific protection comes close